Tuesday 8 July 2008

REVIEW: She-Hulk - 30





Well, it's nice to say that issue thirty of She-Hulk continues the pace from book twenty-nine (which fans were crying out for), but has Peter David finally found his feet in telling Jennifer-She-Hulk tales?

Short answer - probably not. Slightly longer answer - good lord I hope not.

***SPOILER ALERT***

Although this book is a fun read (Jennifer ending up in bed with Hercules, then booting him out with his trousers around his ankles did make me smile), it's still not up to the standard of Dan Slott's run. Yes, I know I probably should be cutting Peter a little more slack than I am at the moment, yes, I know he did define much of Hulk history, and yes, I know all about how Dan has a different writing style.

And yes - I do know that Dan's latest work has put him on my 'kick in the balls' list.

But you know what - this is a good comic book, but it isn't Dan Slott She-Hulk good. Peter seems to have forgotten how to write anything above 'good' or 'passable' Jennifer stories. And although this issue does fall into the 'good' box - I'm still not feeling it as a series so far.

So, by the skin of its teeth (because of the ending, and the nice Herc cameo), She-Hulk issue 30 scrapes a score of...

Pete's Score: 4 out of 5
(pick it up and give it a go - then let me know what you thought)

1 comment:

Marco Sabatino said...

Hi Biff!

I'm a italian boy...

Please, visit my BloSite:

www.heroclip.blogspot.com

For Comic-Books e Illustration Fanatics!!!

Ciao!

PS: SOrry for my english!*