Tuesday 15 July 2008

REVIEW: Echo - 4





Well, it's no secret that I've been loving this series so far. And happily - this issue hasn't changed my opinion at all - it's still a thoroughly good read. But what makes issue four stand out from the others?

***SPOILER ALERT***

Off the back of issue 3's cliffhanger ending (of sorts), Terry has worked his magic in opening by showing one of the most detailled (and disturbing) crime scenes I can remember. I spent a good 5 minutes just looking at the subtle details within the main page (when you see it - you'll know which one I mean), completely blown away by just how breathtaking it was.

Those who have been reading Echo will have noticed that Terry has slowly been feeding a few snippets of Dillion into the book over the past few issues. Dillion Murphy appeared to be a seemingly insignificant but interesting character, but in issue four, we learn that he is in fact very much linked to the events unfolding around Julie - being the boyfriend of Annie - who was the person wearing Echo in the first issue...

A lot more goes on in this book - but if I carried on typing - I'd be spoiling it for you. Pick this book up - it's a good introduction to the series, and a damn good read.

Pete's Score: 4 out of 5
(buy it - it'll be worthwhile)

No comments: